[CentOS] OT: Google Earth - How to uninstall, before installing newest version?

Wed Dec 16 19:35:29 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

Desktop is CentOS 5.4 (32 bit).  I have Google Earth version
4.2.205.5730 (13NOV2007 build date) installed. I have checkinstall
(spelling?) installed, but am not sure if that was installed before or
after Google Earth was installed. I have the Google Repository
installed, but apparently Google Earth cannot be updated via yum and
probably it was not installed via yum.

Question: What is the best way for me to uninstall this version of
Google Earth, completely, before I install the newest version?
(This also applies to removing Skype, which I am certain was not
installed via yum, before I install the static version of Skype, that
was recently recommended on the list).

TIA and Happy Holidays!      Lanny
Magazine subscriptions Largest discount Credit/Debit Card Check PayPal
http://www.lowcostmagazines.com/