[CentOS] /etc/cron.weekly/99-raid-check

Tue Dec 1 14:00:55 UTC 2009
jancio_wodnik at wp.pl <jancio_wodnik at wp.pl>

W dniu 2009-12-01 11:06, RedShift pisze:
> Jancio Wodnik wrote:
>
>> W dniu 30.11.2009 14:08, Farkas Levente pisze:
>>
>>> hi,
>>> it's been a few weeks since rhel/centos 5.4 released and there were many
>>> discussion about this new "feature" the weekly raid partition check.
>>> we've got a lot's of server with raid1 system and i already try to
>>> configure them not to send these messages, but i'm not able ie. i
>>> already add to the SKIP_DEVS all of my swap partitions (since i read it
>>> on linux-kernel list that there can be mismatch_cnt even though i still
>>> not understand why?). but even the data partitions (ie. all of my
>>> servers all raid1 partitions) produce this error (ie. ther mismatch_cnt
>>> is never 0 at the weekend). and this cause all of my raid1 partitions
>>> are rebuild during the weekend. and i don't like it:-(
>>> so my questions:
>>> - is it a real bug in the raid1 system?
>>> - is it a real bug in my disk which runs raid (not really believe since
>>> it's dozens of servers)?
>>> - the /etc/cron.weekly/99-raid-check is wrong in rhel/centos-5.4?
>>> or what's the problem?
>>> can someone enlighten me?
>>> thanks in advance.
>>> regards.
>>>

>> Hi. I have this problem on my 2 servers (Both Centos 5.4) - every
>> weekend my raid1 set is rebuild, because
>>
>> mismatch_cnt is never 0 at the weekend. What is really going on ? My 1TB disk whith raid1 are rebuild every weekend.
>>

> They aren't being rebuilt, they are being checked if the data on the RAID disks are consistent. There are various reasons why mismatch_cnt can be higher than 0, for example aborted writes. Generally it's not really something to be worried about if you have for example a swap partition in your RAID array. If you do a repair and then a check the mismatch_cnt should reset to 0.

Hi. Nope, they are rebuild: /dev/md0 -> /boot and /dev/md1 -> /home  and
from log:

/etc/cron.weekly/99-raid-check:

WARNING: mismatch_cnt is not 0 on /dev/md0
WARNING: mismatch_cnt is not 0 on /dev/md1

And from dmesg:

md: syncing RAID array md7
md: minimum _guaranteed_ reconstruction speed: 1000 KB/sec/disc.
md: using maximum available idle IO bandwidth (but not more than 200000
KB/sec) for reconstruction.
md: using 128k window, over a total of 976759936 blocks.
md: syncing RAID array md0
md: minimum _guaranteed_ reconstruction speed: 1000 KB/sec/disc.
md: using maximum available idle IO bandwidth (but not more than 200000
KB/sec) for reconstruction.
md: using 128k window, over a total of 104320 blocks.
md: delaying resync of md1 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md3 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md1 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md5 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md1 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md3 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md6 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md3 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md1 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md5 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md8 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md5 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md1 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md3 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md6 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md4 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md6 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md3 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md1 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md5 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md8 until md0 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: md0: sync done.
RAID1 conf printout:
  --- wd:2 rd:2
  disk 0, wo:0, o:1, dev:sda1
  disk 1, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdb1
md: delaying resync of md8 until md4 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md5 until md6 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md1 until md3 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md3 until md5 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md6 until md8 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: syncing RAID array md4
md: minimum _guaranteed_ reconstruction speed: 1000 KB/sec/disc.
md: using maximum available idle IO bandwidth (but not more than 200000
KB/sec) for reconstruction.
md: using 128k window, over a total of 4096448 blocks.
md: md4: sync done.
md: delaying resync of md6 until md8 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md3 until md5 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md1 until md3 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md5 until md6 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: syncing RAID array md8
md: minimum _guaranteed_ reconstruction speed: 1000 KB/sec/disc.
md: using maximum available idle IO bandwidth (but not more than 200000
KB/sec) for reconstruction.
md: using 128k window, over a total of 929914368 blocks.
RAID1 conf printout:
  --- wd:2 rd:2
  disk 0, wo:0, o:1, dev:sda6
  disk 1, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdb6
md: md7: sync done.
md: delaying resync of md5 until md6 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md1 until md3 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md3 until md5 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md6 until md8 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
RAID1 conf printout:
  --- wd:2 rd:2
  disk 0, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdc1
  disk 1, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdd1
md: md8: sync done.
md: syncing RAID array md6
md: minimum _guaranteed_ reconstruction speed: 1000 KB/sec/disc.
md: using maximum available idle IO bandwidth (but not more than 200000
KB/sec) for reconstruction.
md: using 128k window, over a total of 7823552 blocks.
md: delaying resync of md5 until md6 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
RAID1 conf printout:
  --- wd:2 rd:2
  disk 0, wo:0, o:1, dev:sda9
  disk 1, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdb9
md: delaying resync of md1 until md3 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: delaying resync of md3 until md5 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: md6: sync done.
md: delaying resync of md3 until md5 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: syncing RAID array md5
md: minimum _guaranteed_ reconstruction speed: 1000 KB/sec/disc.
md: using maximum available idle IO bandwidth (but not more than 200000
KB/sec) for reconstruction.
RAID1 conf printout:
md: using 128k window, over a total of 2048192 blocks.
  --- wd:2 rd:2
  disk 0, wo:0, o:1, dev:sda8
md: delaying resync of md1 until md3 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
  disk 1, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdb8
md: md5: sync done.
md: delaying resync of md1 until md3 has finished resync (they share one
or more physical units)
md: syncing RAID array md3
md: minimum _guaranteed_ reconstruction speed: 1000 KB/sec/disc.
md: using maximum available idle IO bandwidth (but not more than 200000
KB/sec) for reconstruction.
md: using 128k window, over a total of 8193024 blocks.
RAID1 conf printout:
  --- wd:2 rd:2
  disk 0, wo:0, o:1, dev:sda7
  disk 1, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdb7
md: md3: sync done.
md: syncing RAID array md1
RAID1 conf printout:
  --- wd:2 rd:2
  disk 0, wo:0, o:1, dev:sda5
md: minimum _guaranteed_ reconstruction speed: 1000 KB/sec/disc.
md: using maximum available idle IO bandwidth (but not more than 200000
KB/sec) for reconstruction.
md: using 128k window, over a total of 8193024 blocks.
  disk 1, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdb5
md: md1: sync done.
RAID1 conf printout:
  --- wd:2 rd:2
  disk 0, wo:0, o:1, dev:sda3
  disk 1, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdb3
  CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -6
  CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -6
SELinux: initialized (dev cifs, type cifs), uses genfs_contexts
[...]

This is a some kind of madness !

Jancio_Wodnik