[CentOS] Persistent NFS Caching

Tue Dec 1 23:31:03 UTC 2009
Ray Van Dolson <rayvd at bludgeon.org>

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 05:09:31PM -0600, Paul Berger wrote:
> Has anybody got persistent NFS caching to work after 5.3 update
> removed the tech preview?
>
> I have cachesfilesd installed & running and using nfs-utils with fsc
> patched back in but it appears to not be working, any pointers?

I can't find the link, but I thought the kernel components required for
FS-Cache to function were pulled in the 5.3 kernel...

I'm not sure if they'll be back in 5.5, 6.0 or if I'm completely
mistaken.

I seem to recall the delay being a result of upstream kernel not
accepting the FS-Cache patches (which I believe they did do recently in
2.6.30).

Ray