[CentOS] Samsung M800

Wed Dec 2 00:23:29 UTC 2009
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 18:14 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> The quick fix (and much faster access too) is to use a usb adapter for
> the micro-sd card.

Indeed.  But then I have to pull the card out and put it back.  It would
be much more convenient to just plug the phone into the computer.

> Does it make a difference if you slide the 'disconnect' slider over?
> Or is that
> showing when you connect the phone?

There is a little "connect to computer" slider in the Settings menu.
When I slide it over to "on", /var/log/messages tells me that the usb
device has disconnected, then it immediate reconnects just the way it
was before.  The phone comes up with a message telling me that the phone
is now off and I should disconnect the usb cable to resume use as a
phone (because the file transfer function apparently works only when the
phone part is disabled), and then after several seconds the main menu
screen comes back on the phone.  In other words, contrary to what the
screen says and what the manual says, it switches itself back to phone
mode without me disconnecting the usb cable or taking any further action
at all.