[CentOS] how to find last updates for Centos 5.3?

Mon Dec 7 23:06:26 UTC 2009
Greg Bailey <gbailey at lxpro.com>

Paul Johnson wrote:
> I wish I had access to a Centos update folder AS IT EXISTED before
> Centos 5.4 was released.  The last update set that applied to 5.3,in
> other words.  But I can't figure how to get that, because Centos
> servers just have the current updates under a folder marked 5.  If I
> try to update against the current 5 server, it will pull in lots and
> lots of new RPMS from the Centos base, and I don't want that.
>
> Any ideas about how to go back in time and get the last 5.3 update batch??
>
> pj

Looks like the mirror sites still have the 5.3 updates at (for x86):

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5.3/updates/i386/RPMS/

so I imagine you could manually edit the
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo file and put "5.3" in there explicitly.

Usually, though, old versions like 5.3 are eventually removed from the
regular mirror servers and moved to the "vault" site, where you'd be
able to access it via:

http://vault.centos.org/5.3/

once it's moved there (not populated at present).

-Greg