[CentOS] VirtualBox and CentOS

Wed Dec 9 16:13:04 UTC 2009
Lars Hecking <lhecking at users.sourceforge.net>

> I tried everything in that post as well, and nothing worked for me.
> Finally I found the process I laid out and it worked.
>
> The link to it is here which is an old ticket:
>
> <http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/705>

 I've tested it and it works! Presumably, it might have worked in some of
 my previous attempts, but I only now figured out that I need to manually
 attach the device via device menu or USB icon. Not exactly plug and play,
 but workable.

 The mount command itself is sufficient here, no need to stop vboxdrv (or
 vboxnet, which doesn't exist), or chmod g+rw /dev/vboxdrv.

 Thanks, Max!