[CentOS] Deleting contents of /tmp on shutdown

Sun Dec 13 00:35:51 UTC 2009
Thomas Dukes <tdukes at sc.rr.com>

Thanks for the link.  It's a little over my head though.  I run a simple
system that requires very little involvement on my part.

Today, I found upd.pl in my tmp directory.  The date was oct 09.  I also
found my /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow had been changed with a user of
0Profile added.  I deleted the old files and restored those from backup.  I
ran my chkrootkit and installed mod_security.  SSH is not running so I don't
know how this happened.

I'm running CentOS 5.4 and everyone should check their system!!