[CentOS] Device enumeration during kickstart

Mon Dec 14 18:18:03 UTC 2009
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

lhecking at users.sourceforge.net wrote:
>  By default, a kickstart installation will spread the configured partitions
>  over all disks that are found, and the only way around that is to use
>  --ondisk or ignoredisk. But I was wondering how reliable this method is.
>  E.g. if there are four SATA ports on the system board, can I blindly
>  assume that port one will always correspond to sda, port two to sdb,
>  and so on? Can I assume that a second disk added to a one-disk system
>  will always show up as sdb, and sda will remain sda?

There are many recorded emails about folk struggling to get reliable
hardware to device  registration, so far I have not seen a foolproof
method.
Others may be able to offer actual examples that work, but they seem to
only work on specific hardware. YMMV