[CentOS] Old hd, new machine

Thu Dec 17 12:25:36 UTC 2009
Jussi Hirvi <listmember at greenspot.fi>

Oh, cancel the previous post... I will *not* install anaconda, I didn't
remember it is an *installer* - I don't think it would help in this case.

This procedure by Les sounds realistic, though I wish there was an
easier way:
> I've done it a time or two by installing a system on the new
> (or matching) hardware with a separate /boot partition, then making sure
> the old/new systems are updated to the same versions and keeping the new
> /boot but copying the rest of the old system over.

On both my "old" (booting ok) and "new" (not booting) disc the
modprobe.conf contained
> alias scsi_hostadapter ata_piix

So it seems to me modprobe.conf was up-to-date.

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland