[CentOS] Red Hat commercial support for CentOS/Fedora

Thu Dec 17 16:03:41 UTC 2009
Connie Sieh <csieh at fnal.gov>

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Brian Mathis wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Connie Sieh <csieh at fnal.gov> wrote:

>>> No support from Red Hat, as Robert Heller explained, but OpenLogic has
>>> recently announced commercial support for CentOS
>>>
>>> http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/OpenLogic-offers-CentOS-Linux-support-for-enterprises-873790.html
>>
>> But if you want to pay for support for CentOS why not just pay RedHat for
>> RHEL .
>>
>> -Connie Sieh
>>

> You might have a bunch of servers already installed with CentOS that
> you need support on, or you might need some consulting on one problem
> without wanting to pay for yearly subscriptions and license fees.

Note that RedHat does not charge for license fees for RHEL.  All you have
to pay for is the yearly subscription.

Consulting is consulting and is not support.

CentOS is dependent on RedHat.  If money is to be spend on a support
contract then just use RHEL and give the money to RedHat.

If you need consulting then contract for a consultant.

-Connie Sieh