[CentOS] Optimizing CentOS for gigabit firewall

Sat Dec 19 07:16:24 UTC 2009
Peter Serwe <peter.serwe at gmail.com>

So basically, you're saying you'd want to allow or disallow traffic based on
mac address?  Seems like you could put mac filters on a number switches,
Cisco being the most easily documented by Mr. Google.

Be a lot faster than any kernel, and a total waste of BSD.  If you can do it
on Linux via some other mechanism, go for it.

The fact is, PF will do line rate layer 3 packet filtering if you've got the
hardware to support it.  Try and and see.

Peter