[CentOS] NMS Opinions

Tue Dec 22 05:34:47 UTC 2009
Joseph L. Casale <JCasale at activenetwerx.com>

>Snmp is the best feature but it has an assortment of application tests and can work with nagios agents, WMI, and JMX, and parse syslog messages.

Yeah don’t get me wrong, snmp is a must (I don’t want agent software) but wmi etc is useful.
There is only so far you can get w/ snmp from an application level. I didn’t know it it did this,
I will surely have another look, thanks for the info!

The one thing I remember about it ages ago when I made the bad move and started w/ Nagios
was that the community was strong, a considerable merit for a complex beast like any nms...

jlc