[CentOS] NMS Opinions

Tue Dec 22 21:19:44 UTC 2009
Guy Boisvert <boisvert.guy at videotron.ca>

Brendan Minish wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 02:36 +0000, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>
> Take a look at zenoss too, I am in the process of deploying it as a
> replacement for a rather elderly and under-resourced Nagios server
> Liking it a lot so far
> http://www.zenoss.com/
> there's good help on IRC too
> freenode #zenoss
>
> regards
> Brendan

I don't know now but i couldn't define relations manually about 2 years
ago.  It was a major PITA as if a router fails, you don't want to get
500 alarms for all the devices behind it.

It was supposed to auto discover and do relationship by itself but
wasn't able to do it properly with our network: Many VLANs and router /
firewall using trunking, etc.

Guy Boisvert, ing.
IngTegration inc.