[CentOS] autofs problems

Wed Dec 30 21:22:45 UTC 2009
Dave <tdbtdb+centos at gmail.com>

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Mag Gam <magawake at gmail.com> wrote:
> There have been times where we can't cd into the
> directory. It says the directory does not exist. On some servers it
> works but on others it does not. Typically we restart amd and autofs
> to resolve this issue. But sometimes it does not even work. A reboot
> fixes the problem.

Sometimes I see 'stale NFS handle". In that case, restarting autofs
doesn't help. I use  fuser or lsof to figure out what processes are
accessing the dead thing, then kill those processes. Restarting autofs
after killing all such processes seems more likely to work. I'm not
sure the issue is completely resolved in my case, and YMMV.
Dave