[CentOS] [OT] CAT5 IP-capable rackmount KVM units?

Thu Dec 31 20:11:22 UTC 2009
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Thomas Harold wrote:
> Rather off-topic, but I'm looking for IP-based KVMs (~16 ports) that can
> handle both PS/2 and USB hookups on the server side.  All of the answers
> over at Slashdot are a few years out of date and it looks like prices on
> KVM head units have dropped a bit over the years.

my suggestion?   get servers with an integrated TCP KVM, like Dell's
DRAC, or HP's iLO (for which you need to spend $150 or so extra to
enable 'advanced iLO'), and be done with it.   not only KVM but virtual
CD/DVD for installing, troubleshooting.