[CentOS] Port Forwarding

John jses27 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 06:57:44 UTC 2009

----
I am just currious here. Your up to about 2 or 3 mail servers correct? That
is for handling 2 different subnets or domains? Lets say domains. Ok? Add on
top of that a POP3 or IMAP servers. Now your up to adding in LDAP for user
management, slapping in a Cisco PIX 500 Series. How many total users do you
need to support? That we don't know. To be completely honest I think your
just creating a big mess to keep up with and manage. That is way to much
Administration Overhead to put up with in my opinion.

I think that your best solution outcome to this is to use Exchange Server
2007. Scalix can't top what your wanting to do or need to do either.
Exchange is fully HIPPA and SOX Compliant. You can do with one exchange
server what your trying to get accomplished with 3 sendmail servers. You
have right there mail, mail archiving, search by date and name, mail
retention policies and backup. If the company gets hit up with a E Discovery
for Email pertaining to certain keywords you will have the ability to do so
on site with exchange. That happens quit often at times. All of this is now
the default standard in Exchange. The big drawback is the cost (per user). A
wild guess is $10.00 per user account. Active Directory (ldap) can even run
on top of exchange. Also the databases can reside on a SAN now also.

I am an open source person but when it comes to something like that I hate
to say it but Exchange has it covered. What's others opinions? How would you
do it? I'm currious to know how you would do this in an environment that has
many compliance problems. Mainly issues of privacy rights not being
violated.

JohnStanley