[CentOS] kickstart won't kick-off via network

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 18:42:38 UTC 2009

Ian Forde wrote:

>>> You are right: "ksdevice=eth1" did the trick.
>>> Found at
>>> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/KickStart
>> The order of NIC detection/naming at bootup seems to be more or less
>> random as of Centos 5.x.  How do you know which name to choose here?
>
> In order to avoid this, you can use the "ksdevice=bootif" to use the
> interface from which the system booted...

I'd like to be able to boot from a CD or usb drive into a kickstart
re-install in remote locations that don't have network booting
infrastructure and just enough hands-on expertise to insert a CD or USB
key - and have some way to get the several NICs re-assigned their
corresponding IP addresses.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com