[CentOS] kickstart won't kick-off via network

Isaac Hailperin ihailper at transtec.de
Wed Feb 4 10:13:14 UTC 2009

> Especially since FDD aren't that common anymore... I'll see if I can't adapt
> my SOP:s to boot and install from network.
The set up is actually not too complicated. I really recommend it, you just plug in
the computer and let it install.
There are various variants, you can either define what will be installed by naming the pxe
controll file according to the mac address, or you can make a default boot menue.
Boot menues are described here:
http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/PXELINUX#Custom_Menu_Example_with_sub-menus

good luck,
Isaac

Vorstand: Ertu Uysal, Axel Queck
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Bernhard Bruscha
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Tuebingen
Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 381299

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte
E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this
e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.