[CentOS] clamAV problem

Anne Wilson

cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 6 07:50:58 UTC 2009

Since my power problems that resulted in a re-install I have a problem which
I've failed to locate up to now.  The logs show

 daily.cld updated (version: 8950, sigs: 72593, f-level: 38, builder: ccordes)
    Database updated (510565 signatures) from db.gb.clamav.net (IP: 163.1.3.8)
    WARNING: Clamd was NOT notified: Can't connect to clamd through
/tmp/clamd.socket

I've been through the config files, but obviously there is something in the
setup that I've failed to do.  Scans are running every night, but

service clamd status
clamd: unrecognized service

It has to be something stupid that I've missed.  Can someone kick me in the
right direction?  Thanks

Anne