[CentOS] clamAV problem

Agile Aspect agile.aspect at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 09:28:32 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> Since my power problems that resulted in a re-install I have a problem which
> I've failed to locate up to now.  The logs show
>
>  daily.cld updated (version: 8950, sigs: 72593, f-level: 38, builder: ccordes)
>     Database updated (510565 signatures) from db.gb.clamav.net (IP: 163.1.3.8)
>     WARNING: Clamd was NOT notified: Can't connect to clamd through
> /tmp/clamd.socket
>
> I've been through the config files, but obviously there is something in the
> setup that I've failed to do.  Scans are running every night, but
>
> service clamd status
> clamd: unrecognized service

It's possible chkconfig doesn't know about 'clamd' and fails
to start on boot.

The scanning of the filesystem is probably driven by
scripts.

As root try

    /sbin/chkconfig clamd on

then check the service again.

I know next to nothing about clamAV.

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of
the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers,
both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by
Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test
shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust
under the United States."