[CentOS] rpmforge

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Sat Feb 7 15:14:19 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-07 at 08:43 -0600, rray_1 at comcast.net wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Feb 2009, William L. Maltby wrote:
>
> <snip>

> I didn't mean to stir up a ruckus

Not your fault at all. I know that Dag often monitors this list and on
occasions when he can't/doesn't get stuff resolved at the rpmforge
site/list, he'll generously help out right from this list.

But he has posted at rpmforge list about how swamped he is. Logic would
indicate that a faster response might be had there. My assumption was
that you either didn't know about his mailing list or forgot about it.
So I just wanted to suggest it to you. I seldom (never?) intend to be
condescending or harsh in my posts (resist the urge, resist the
urge, ... oh well, the hell with it: unlike some others ;-)

Unfortunately, the desire for brevity on lists often allows a lot of
latitude for interpreting posts as harsh.

The ruckus came when some folks apparently interpreted your post
differently than I and decided that I deserved castigation.

Their problem, not mine.

> Thanks for the help

I do hope that my original reply was seen as intended - helpful.

--
Bill