[CentOS] Consistent .bashrc, .bash_profile, and .aliases across all machines

Jake jakepaulus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 21:16:07 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Per Qvindesland <per at norhex.com> wrote:
> Hi Jake
>
> Appologies but I am wondering if you could give me a sample of that script,
> I am currently busy with setting up something similar where I work and it
> would be greate to perhaps get some new ideas.

I'm afraid I don't have permission to distribute the script. The
relevant function is that it copies /etc/skel/.* to the user's home
directory and then does chown -R user:user on the directory. All of
our machines have a /mnt/home and the user's home directory is always
set to /mnt/home/user. This would work whether your accounts are in
LDAP or anywhere else.

--
Jake Paulus
JakePaulus at gmail.com