[CentOS] CentOS promotion

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Mon Feb 9 17:58:34 UTC 2009

Michel Daggelinckx wrote:
> I've been to FOSDEM this weekend and noticed the small number of CentOS
> people at the booth.
>
> The Ubuntu people work with Local Community Teams to support and promote
> the distro.
>
> I think it would be beneficial for CentOS to setup a similar structure.
> At the moment it's mostly sysadmins who introduce/sneak CentOS into
> businesses.
> Local Community Teams can setup a booth at computer fairs and other
> events. This way the general public (small businesses, non-profit
> organisations, schools, ....) are exposed to CentOS.

Hi Michel,

Thanks for the suggestion. It's true that we weren't enough, especially
if you compared with the boot next to ours : Fedora had more than 40
ambassadors this year ;-)
And the fact that we had CentOS talks in a devroom not in front of our
booth didn't help :(

If you have ideas, they are welcome but maybe such discussion can be
held in the appropriate list (aka centos-promo on lists.centos.org). Or
even better : join the CentOS promo SIG ! ;-)
Thanks

PS : Fosdem pictures are now online and presentations are available on
the Fosdem2009 wiki page
Fabian Arrotin
  idea=`grep -i clue /dev/brain` ; test -z "$idea" && echo "sorry, init
6 in progress" || sh ./answer.sh