[CentOS] mirroring centos servers

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Wed Feb 11 20:23:41 UTC 2009

fabian dacunha wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have 2 server with almost identical configuration nd would like to
> mirror them
>
> bascillay i would like to use it as a firewall.
>
> i was thinking of linux HA but could not really find clear examples if it
> could achive my purpose
>
> apprecite if someone can help me of any site with examples on how to
> mirror 2 centos servers so i one fails the other works perfect
>
> thanks and really apprecite
>
> regards
> fabian

I've already used Heartbeat between two centos machines acting as
gateway/iptables firewall and it worked perfectly.
The only 'problem' is that iptables connection status is of course not
shared between the two nodes.
Never used shorewall though.

Fabian Arrotin
  idea=`grep -i clue /dev/brain` ; test -z "$idea" && echo "sorry, init
6 in progress" || sh ./answer.sh