[CentOS] Logrotate base

jkinz at kinz.org jkinz at kinz.org
Thu Feb 12 13:23:08 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 12:05:09PM +0800, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Logrotate is checked every day by cron.daily, right?
> I notice in logrotate.conf by default it's weekly.
> If I change it into monthly (now, on 12 of Feb), when will it do the
> monthly rotation?
> a. On 12 of March or
> b. On 1st of March?

Fajar - logrotate is driven by cron.  Cron is one of UNIX (oops,
I mean Linux) very important system utilities.

You need to know know about this, so check the man pages for cron and
crontab to understand not only the timing on logrotate but on how ALL
automated-scheduling of job/utilities are arranged on Linux.

Everything you need to know about how to schedule anything is in
there.

Jeff Kinz

--
"Funniest signatures series": (found posted to a public email list)

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES
ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to
contact the sender and delete the email.