[CentOS] Possible CentsOS licensing issue

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Feb 12 14:30:10 UTC 2009

Puneet Goel wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> I have few questions.
>
> 1. I have a device on which I have installed CentOS 5.2 as an operating
> system. Now I want to sell this device. Will there be any issue ?

No issues.
You can sell GPL software. In fact that's part of the freedom GPL
guarantees.

You do need to the source code of GPS apps available (including any mods
you made) to anyone you distribute it to, but you can sell it.

There may be a trademark issue - I can't speak to that, but I doubt you
will have any problems is you did not alter the install.

Linux CD's (including CentOS) are sold all the time.