[CentOS] Practical experience with NTLM/Windows IntegratedAuthentication [Apache]

John jses27 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 12:07:53 UTC 2009

----
Now that sounds like a .aspx and .Net Web App which will not run under
CentOS (Apache) (1). But also it depends though on what your wanting to
actually do on Apache. WIA can still work for example running an app under
centos using apache to access MSSQL server. It just totally depends on what
cat your trying to skin. BTW .Net Version 1 which is Mono on CentOS Apache
has somewhat doable functionality. With Apache on Winblows it can parse
.aspx (.Net) requests. That is a lot of code testing to get it to a usable
state and is NOT worth the effort involved in doing so. You can move all
your web apps for example and still have Single Sign On accessing Active
Directory on the winblows PDC.

All in all your best to stay where your at on IIS and start from the ground
up on CentOS and Apache. Some Fast CGI IIS Apps will work under Apache keep
that in mind.

(1) Requires lots worthless work! In other words do not waist your time.

JohnStanley