[CentOS] Gpg-agent will not start

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 18 19:46:33 UTC 2009

gM/Ye1E23mwN+BqQ9rBEUg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> >> <snip>

> >> Anne: Glad you eliminated that problem! I'm curious as to why you are
> >> using the Konqueror web browser. The version that comes with CentOS is
> >> quite basic. I use Mozilla Firefox 99% of the time, but there have
> >> been a few times when I needed to use Konqueror, to get into a few web
> >> sites. Lanny
> >
> > I was trying to use Konqueror as a file manager :-)  The root konqueror
> > (and other users' konqueror) were all fine, but my ~/.kde got nuked
> > during extreme power problems in the village.  It's been  terrible fight
> > to get everything back and sorted, but I think this was the last problem.
> >
> > (Have you ever tried file management without back/forward, split window,
> > or any of the other tools?  It's murder!  You can descend a tree, but you
> > have to start again at the top to go anywhere else.)
> > .
> > Anne
>
> You always have Midnight Commander on the commandline.

To be honest, my mind was on getting the system back in order.  I never
considered the possibility of adding new software packages.  The box in
question is normally accessed only remotely, often for weeks at a time.  It
doesn't have lots of applications installed.  Its function is file/print/imap
server.  Now and then I work at that desktop for a few hours, but it's not
frequent.

Anne