[CentOS] iptables question

Jake jakepaulus at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 01:34:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 7:46 PM, <Ward.P.Fontenot at wellsfargo.com> wrote:

> I need to redirect input from one of the vips (192.168.0.1:8080) on BOX
> A to BOX B (192.168.0.2:8080) and I'm about to pull my hair out.

While i haven't done this before, i believe the answer you're looking for
lies in SNAT. It would seem the requirements would be that the traffic needs
to wind up at the right destination (NAT would get you that far) but the
return traffic must also appear to come from the original VIP or else the
source device would not already think it has an open session with that
device. Take a look here:

http://www.linuxtopia.org/Linux_Firewall_iptables/x4658.html

Good luck!

--