[CentOS] CentOS 5 video driver for Intel DG965WHMKR at 1680X1050 resolution?

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Fri Feb 20 07:17:23 UTC 2009

Behalf
>Of Joseph L. Casale
>Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 2:32 AM
>To: 'CentOS mailing list'
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] CentOS 5 video driver for Intel DG965WHMKR at
1680X1050
>resolution?
>
>That 965 mobo uses the X3000 IGA, so you can prolly add rpmforge and
>install 915resolution.

Pardon my intrusion, but what does packages like that add to the default
from-the-box-install?

I know we use Nvidias range of gfx-cards and the proprietary driver from
Nvidia, because the stereo-capabilities of that driver is supported, and
even required in some cases, by most 3rd party software.

Generally speaking however, most gfx-cards work fine out-of-the-box, so why
wanting to install another driver?
--
/Sorin