[CentOS] Keepalive...

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 16:09:32 UTC 2009

From: Tim Verhoeven <tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com>
> Install keepalived from rpmforge instead of compiling your own.
> Because mostlikely your build of keepalived is without LVS support.
> (Check the output of the ./configure command to verify).
>
> I've always used the rpmforge package and it works for me.
>
> Regards,
> Tim
>
> P.S. : Dag, your keepalived package is a bit outdated. Could you update it ?

Bingo!
I did not see that it was not finding the kernel headers...

../configure
checking for kernel version... 0.0.0
configure: WARNING: Cannot determine Linux Kernel version.

I created a linux symlink and it worked out.
Tcpdump reports the VRRP mcasts.
And I can browse my web server through my VIP
Thx guys!
Now, gonna test the failover and the sorry server...

JD