[CentOS] Recover rpm DB corrupted by disk failure?

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Mon Feb 23 18:13:56 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009, Bart Schaefer wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Bill Campbell <centos at celestial.com> wrote:
>> You may be able to get things going again with the bdb recover
>> script, /usr/lib/rpm/rpmdb_recover.  I think this should be a
>> berkeley DB recovery routine that is specific to the version
>> being used by rpm.
>
>There doesn't seem to be an rpmdb_recover script:

I got that grep rpm -ql output on a CentOS 5 system with
rpm-4.4.2-47.el5.  I see the same file on rpm-4.4.2-48.el5 on a
slightly newer system.  It is not there on a CentOS 4.5 system.

That machine has /usr/bin/db_recover as part of the package
db4-utils-4.2.52-7.1 which may work.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

People who relieve others of their money with guns are called robbers. It
does not alter the immorality of the act when the income transfer is
carried out by government.