[CentOS] cisco netflow analyzer?

russ at vshift.com russ at vshift.com
Tue Feb 24 03:23:50 UTC 2009

Pp
------Original Message------
From: nate
Sender: centos-bounces at centos.org
ReplyTo: CentOS Mailing list
Sent: Feb 23, 2009 8:13 PM
Subject: Re: [CentOS] cisco netflow analyzer?

Robinson Tiemuqinke wrote:
> Anyone knows any Cisco netflow analyzer that could run on Linux/Windows? I
> know that cisco ASDM works at somewhat level but too rough...
>
> For example, CIsco ASDM can only shows at IP level and only three types
> graph, like top 10 source Address, top ten destination level, or top ten
> services. but I want the analyzer to show different traffics from the same
> box when in need.

ntop can read netflow events, the server runs in linux(maybe works
in windows too),the client is browser-based so you can access it from
almost anywhere..

netflow is somewhat restricted as far as what info you can get, I've
only used sflow, a brief comparison of the protocols is at the
bottom of this pdf:

http://www.sflow.org/sFlowOverview.pdf

ntop can read sflow as well, though last time I tried it it was unstable,
I used sflowtrend instead.

nate