[CentOS] package manager CentOS

Raghu Narasimhan

raghu.united at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 08:25:05 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

I have some doubts with regards a Python module called paramiko (used to
automate ssh related stuff)

1. Does Paramiko 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 work with CentOS 4

2. If yes, what is the exact 'yum' command to install paramiko on CentOS 4?
I have tried all possible ones without success.

        yum install paramiko
        yum install python-paramiko(with and without version numbers)
        python-paramiko.noarch

*[rUSER at HOST]# yum search paramiko
Searching Packages:
Setting up repositories
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
update                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
No Matches found
*

Installing it without yum throws dependency problems which are never ending
: starting with python-crypto and python(abi) - which I am unable to find;
which will no doubt lead to other dependencies.

Is there any change that has to be made to the yum repository to point it to
look in a different place?

3. Alternatively, I also have apt-get on the CentOS box - can you tell me
some repos that I can add for apt-get as well?

Thanks,

--
Raghu Narasimhan

raghu.united at gmail.com