[CentOS] Need to test serial port connection

Thu Feb 26 22:14:24 UTC 2009

On 2/26/09, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> (BTW, I have no idea what
>> language some of the stuff on that page is in. It is not Spanish....
>
> Kinda looks like Italian, or Portuguese.
> Maybe online translated if the syntax or usage looks wierd.

I agree with that. Italian or Portuguese.

I am very curious now. I am going to get the Serial cable that came
with the Nicomar Electronics (Bogota, Colombia) UPS we bought a few
weeks ago, hook the UPS up to my box and try that SW. First in M$
Windows and then in Linux.

If Anne's UPS didn't come with SW (or it's not downloadable) I would
be very surprised. She should not need to reinvent the wheel. The idea
of having the UPS shutdown the box, if the box is unattended, is very
nice.    :-)