[CentOS] Easiest way to get samba up and working for Windows users?

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 10:29:06 UTC 2009

From: Noob Centos Admin <centos.admin at gmail.com>
> 8. tail -f samba logs but nothing happens, it's like samba never see
> the incoming request. Note that it doesn't log anything with smbclient
> -L either.

Did you try to raise the log level (log level = 3)?

> I'm almost certain now that samba coder snuck in a devious randomizer
> that requires every single installation to only work after an random
> sequence of actions is taken. :(

But I feel your pain...  I cannot count how many days I lost on Samba+Windows issues...
Last one (not sure yet) was on Windows side: apparently, the nvidia service preventing profiles to be saved on logout...
It is a 2007 issue and apparently it still exists!

JD