[CentOS] Kerberos 1.6.3 on centos 4/5??

Thomas Johansson thomasj at isy.liu.se
Fri Feb 27 12:03:19 UTC 2009

Hi

My problem is related to clientless authentication for printing. We are
evaluating if it's worth the trouble on centos. Uppgrading cups is not a
problem That i have already solved. Further research also states that
kerberos have to be version 1.6.3. This is a big problem. Neither centos
4 nor centos 5 have the required version of kerberos. Compiling my own
compile kerberos is not something i want to do!

Is it worth it or even possible to upgrade kerberos to 1.6.3 or will we
most likely break something else with an upgrade?? No rpms are available
and i suppose there's a reason for that. There's no problem compiling
cups or kerberos on both platforms. I just wanna find out if it is worth
the trouble we will get or if it's possible/recommended to do it?!?!.

Best Regards,
Thomas