[CentOS] Repo order - priority plugins

Linux Advocate linuxhousedn at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 15:21:05 UTC 2009

replies below...

> On 2/27/09, Linux Advocate wrote:
> > Guys, what is the best way of arranging the repos with regards to their
> > priority? Any ideas, especially for all non base ones?
> >
> > /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo - priority = 1, 2
> >
> > /etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo
> >
> > /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo
> >
> > /etc/yum.repos.d/kbs-extras.repo
> > /etc/yum.repos.d/kbs-misc.repo
> >
> > /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo
> >
> > How would we position dags repo?
>
> Check out this URL:
> http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities

have read it previously, the issue is

"Third Party Repos ... priority=N  (where N is > 10 and based on your preference)"

i just wanted to get an idea of what other were doing, like for example, between the epel, dag, rpmforge, atrpm repos?
any thoughts? or we do adjust the priorities according to various installation needs?