[CentOS] Repo order - priority plugins

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Feb 27 18:31:17 UTC 2009

Linux Advocate wrote on Fri, 27 Feb 2009 06:52:13 -0800 (PST):

> /etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo
>
> /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo
>
> /etc/yum.repos.d/kbs-extras.repo
> /etc/yum.repos.d/kbs-misc.repo
>
> /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo

you can put rpmforge at 10 and epel and atrpms somewhere at 20, depends on
what you need. I use rpmforge for maybe 98% of my extra packages on CentOS
5 and used EPEL and atrpms only for a few special packages, so i have them
not enabled normally. I think I don't use kbs at all. I used it for CentoS
4, but for 5 I think rpmforge is better and I got the impression that
Karanbir is pushing people towards it, anyway.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany