[CentOS] (a) WinPower RPM available? (b) where to install if use tar.gz file?

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Fri Feb 27 21:38:40 UTC 2009

Lanny Marcus wrote:

> I've got the package below installed now. Is that the right one?  Now,
> I need to RFM to find out how to configure and run it....

it's only part of it, typically there are 3 nut packages, one for
perl, one for the main nut, and one that contains cgi scripts(sometimes
another one specifically for usb).

First I would check what version of NUT your installing and try to
validate whether or not your UPS is supported by checking the homepage:

http://www.networkupstools.org/

I've been running NUT against APC and Cyberpower UPSs for about
8 years now. I especially like the CGI interface where I can
aggregate several UPSs from different systems into a single web page
that I can monitor without needing authentication.

Sample: http://portal.aphroland.org/
(I hacked the cgi up years ago so I could embed it in pages, and
still pass w3c validation, wee)

nate