[CentOS] (a) WinPower RPM available? (b) where to install if use tar.gz file?

Sat Feb 28 23:55:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>Apcupsd apparently runs with some of the UPS not made by APC, but
>>looks like it will not work with mine. Here's what's in the Service
>>data for :
>>
>>apcupsd (pid 6568) is running...
>>Error contacting host localhost port 3551: Connection refused
>
> That doesn't mean it can't contact your ups, that means you have it setup
> wrong:)
>
> What interface does your ups use? Serial, ether, usb? What model #?

Serial port communications. It is made by Nicomar Electronics in
Bogota, Colombia. 750 VA Line Interactive UPS.  The software they say
to use (WinPower) is apparently widely used, by Belkin UPS and many
others.
The WinPower software download site is in Taiwan, so now I wonder
whether or not they just sell the software to the OEMs or if they
manufacturer the UPS and put a brand name on them and ship them from
Taiwan....

apcupsd was very easy to install with yum and the documentation for it
is easy to download. nut is a different story and not so easy to know
what to download.  And, I didn't see a .pdf file I could download with
the nut documentation.