[CentOS] Monthly Newsletter

Fri Feb 13 15:28:07 UTC 2009
Didi <ribalba at gmail.com>

Hey

A friend asked me how he could stay up to date with CentOS and if
there was a newsletter or something. After some research I found that
there was a discussion on the promo list about half a  year ago but
nothing happened.

If you look at :

http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Promo/TODO

you can see, that is has to be done :)

Would something like this, be appreciated by the community?
What would people want to see in a newsletter?
Are people interested in doing this?

Personally I was thinking of :
- General information (Like "whats up with 5.3")
- What is happening on the mailing lists / Forum
- Developer interview (Developers would you do that?)
- Tips/Tricks
- Event reports and up coming events
- Word of the Month. Something to lighten up the newsletter.
- Bug fixes
- Ideas welcome

I would be quite happy to contribute to this and it would give people
who want to give something back a nice chance to get public exposure.

Is monthly a good compromise between workload and actuality?

Cheers Didi

--
My NEW project : http://www.hacktags.org
My www page: www.ribalba.de