[CentOS] Emergency rescue help needed

Tue Feb 3 21:44:48 UTC 2009
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 2-3-2009 1:29 AM Anne Wilson spake the following:
> On Tuesday 03 February 2009 08:51:32 Sorin Srbu wrote:

I just had a Back-UPS of about 1998 vintage burst into flames about 6 months
ago. Luckily, someone was near it and grabbed a fire extinguisher. It was a
Saturday, and if this person hadn't been in on overtime, who knows what would
have happened.

We have since replaced all Consumer grade Back-ups over 2 years old, and set a
policy to only do one battery replacement and then get rid of them when the
second battery dies.

I guess you never know what can happen with electricity.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and