[CentOS] kickstart won't kick-off via network

Wed Feb 4 14:58:19 UTC 2009
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Isaac Hailperin wrote:
>>> I don't have problems either. In fact, ksdevice=bootif does not work for
>>> me.
>> How many NICs and connections do you have?
> Two. Both are connected, but on one network there is nothing happening
> at that stage, meaning no servers offering any services.

Mine usually flip in pairs - that is, the pair on the motherboard will
be either eth0/eth1 or eth2/eth3 (etc.) with the same one of the pair
always picked as eth0 or eth2.  You might not have much of a problem
with only 2 NICs of the same type.   We generally want to run on the
Intel server-class add-in cards instead of the motherboard NICs that
tend to be Broadcoms. It's a habit developed under Windows - I'm not
sure if there is that much difference on Linux, but I have to identify
the NIC one way or another and I'd like to find a reliable way to do it
when swapping in pre-loaded drives.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com