[CentOS] Emergency rescue help needed

Thu Feb 5 19:51:53 UTC 2009
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 2-4-2009 1:43 PM Frank Cox spake the following:
> On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:36:30 -0500
> Lanny Marcus wrote:
>
>> Also, I am reminded that I need to take our 2 fire extinguishers to
>> the fire station and pay them to discharge/recharge them.    :-)
>
> Are you sure you need a full discharge/recharge?  I have several in my
> theatre and they have to be inspected and tagged every year by a certified fire
> extinguisher guy.  But they only need replacement or recharge if they don't
> meet the requirements (I think the inspector weighs them, among other things)
> or after something like 10 or 12 years after their last recharge.
>
> I usually seem to end up buying or recharging a new one every year or two
> anyway, because one of them somehow manages to fail the inspection.  Depending
> on the particular extinguisher, it's sometimes cheaper to replace it than to
> recharge it.

Here we have a service come in and they discharge all of them into a recycling
container with a wire mesh strainer inside, clean and check them, then they
refill and re-pressurize them with nitrogen.

They re-use the powder after it is discharged, so they only have to add a
small amount for the loss of what might leak out of the recycler.

We have to physically inspect them monthly and sign each ones card, and the
fire department spot checks occasionally and fines us if they find any that
are missed.

The fire extinguishers always work here!

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and