[CentOS] Yum update conflicts perl-Math-BigInt

Fri Feb 6 10:31:21 UTC 2009
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Dan Carl wrote on Thu, 05 Feb 2009 17:43:14 -0600:

> Removed perl-Math-BigInt
> now Mailscanner won't start

because the forced modules probably overwrote the original built-in
version, so that after removal nothing was left.

> Cross my fingers and hope I won't run into any perl problems,
> try reinstalling perl which doesn't sound easy or wait for
> 5.3 to come out cause its going to fix everything. :-)

Should not be difficult. Shutdown all programs that are based on Perl and
remove the MailScanner rpm and then Perl (and all Perl modules) with rpm.
Then reinstall Perl with yum. Make a note of all modules you had installed
for other programs, so you can reinstall them. (Just force-installing Perl
over the existing setup may also cure it, but it's not really clean.) Then
use Hugo's repo.

You may run into this problem again, when the system Perl gets updated
which may happen with 5.3. There was already a Perl upgrade late last
year.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany