[CentOS] VM Ware guest shutdown hangs with high loadin uninterruptible sleep was RE: Deciphering top's data

Fri Feb 6 17:52:05 UTC 2009
JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 18:17 +0100, Tru Huynh wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 11:57:15AM -0500, Jason Pyeron wrote:
> >
> > $ ps -f 8112
> > UID        PID  PPID  C STIME TTY      STAT   TIME CMD
> > root      8112     1 17 11:49 ?        Ds     0:51
> > /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-vmx -C /var/lib/vmware/VMs/proxy/RHEL.vmx
> have you applied the recommended vmware boot flags for your vm?
>
> other ideas but this is becoming off topic for CentOS since
> it's seems to be a vmware server issue for a RHEL guest..
> - moved vmware guest and a vmware console question left unanswered.
> - damaged vmdk
> - anything on the vmware logs?
>
> Tru
------
And the only other reason I can think of why it is happening is your
possibly running Multipath but that Issue is supposed to be fixed in
version 4.5? Rh released an update to Multipathd to fix this. Should
have trickled down to centos as well.

JohnSanley