[CentOS] sound problem

Sun Feb 8 22:52:06 UTC 2009
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 8:20 AM, John <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Actually, this is just the default setting the way VMWare Server is
>> shipped.  All you need to do is install the audio driver manually.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> mhr
> ----
> Actually you have to enable audio and usb etc in the VMWare Console for that
> VM..

I enabled USB devices with my VMWare because I knew I had them and
would need them through the Windows guest.  I did not know that this
was _required_ for sound, but there isn't much about VMWare that
surprises me any more.

I have found that VMWare also messes up my USB printer connections -
with my Brother laser printer, once I've used it in Windows under
VMware, I have to disconnect the device, disable it in the
system->administration->printer applet, power it down for at least 30
seconds, power it up and then re-enable it to use it in CentOS again.
YMMV.

mhr