[CentOS] clustering and load balancing Apache

Wed Feb 11 19:55:52 UTC 2009
Jure Pečar <pegasus at nerv.eu.org>

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:50:34 -0800
Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:

> I was just curious about performance comparisons between different types
> of load balancers in general.

It's hard to say ... you usualy use load balancers to achieve higher
availability and put as little as possible in the way of traffic when you
want performance (save for the most expensive hw load balancers).

For Apache, I had great success with mod_backhand, available at
www.backhand.org iirc. It's one of the smartest balancers, but only
available for apache 1.3. I've heard 1.3 is still faster than 2.x in
many cases.

But I'm nginx only now for a few years now ;)

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org