[CentOS] OT: Digital Video Editor for CentOS 5.2 - Suggestions?

Thu Feb 12 14:09:52 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We are finally going to replace our VHS-C  Camcorder, with a Digital
>> Camcorder, tomorrow. Looking for suggestions,
>> for Digital Video Editor to use on CentOS 5.2. Preferably, something
>> in the CentOS or RPMForge repositories and easy to use. TIA!
>
> Cinelerra.  It is very powerful, and Dag kindly added to his repo
> quite sometime ago.
>
> http://cinelerra.org/
>
> The only "problem" is that, because it is so powerful and feature
> rich, learning curve is very steep.  I have yet to learn it myself but
> I already know its capabilities through my best Linux friend who is an
> expert in video editing.

Akemi: My wife was successful with cinelerra, for the first time, last
night.  :-)    I suggested she RFM, but when she is frustrated, like
most people, she doesn't want to RFM. She really likes kino, easy to
use, but there were problems, with the quality of some of the videos,
after she used kino on them. One of these days, she will download the
Spanish language cinelerra manual and read the Spanish language
tutorial and then she will be on her way with cinelerra......   :-)
Lanny